How the doctors in Charlottesville, VA, can help you find relief from your headaches
Headaches can drive you crazy, especially if you don’t know what causes them. The constant pounding in your head can make it difficult to think of anything else. If you suffer from headache pain, you will be glad to know your doctor can help.
The doctors at Scott Wagner Integrated Medicine in Charlottesville, VA, offer a wide range of medical services, including headache treatment.
Headaches can be classified into two main categories:
Primary headaches, which are caused by lifestyle choices and other factors, including:
- Increased stress
- Drinking alcohol, particularly red wine
- Eating processed foods that are high in nitrates
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia
- Dietary changes, like missing meals
Secondary headaches, which are caused by an underlying condition, including:
- Sinus issues
- Dental problems
- Head trauma
Your doctor can help determine what is causing your headaches, and then create an individualized treatment plan to help you reduce or eliminate your headaches. There are several effective ways to relieve headache pain. Your doctor may recommend:
- Therapeutic facial massage, which can help clear sinus congestion, eliminating pressure and pain
- Therapeutic neck and back massage, which can reduce muscle aches and relieve tension from stress
- Exercises and stretches, which can help with posture and ensure correct body alignment to keep your muscles relaxed
- Spinal adjustments, which can help with headaches associated with nerve pain by relieving pressure on nerves
- Relaxation and meditation techniques, which can help you manage stress and decrease stress-related headaches
- Biofeedback treatment, which can help you identify where you feel the tension in your body, enabling you to relax fully and relieve your headaches
You don’t have to suffer from headache pain when help is just a phone call away. To find out more about headache treatment and other medical services, call the doctors of Scott Wagner Integrated Medicine in Charlottesville, VA, at (434) 978-4888. Call now and feel better fast!